Kathy Ross told the crowd that they should "Garden and Gather. That is, define and begin the process remembering to
When doing a SWOT (Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats)analysis
- Identify the challenge
- Organize others for the team - build collaboration
- Define the scope - time frame, resources, budget, outcomes
- Commit to open ideas
Jeanne Hauer, Regional Marketing Director of Anthem and author of Millionaire Women, said that the Rule of 3 (you need 3 exposures to a potential customer) may now be the Rule of 5.
- Be realistic - don't embellish
- Be short and simple - very specific
- Keep competition in mind
- Remember, it's subjective
- Who cares?
- Who is your target market?
- What matters to them?
- What are their hot buttons?
Other tips included:
Sara Stashower suggested that we use Testimonials and contact prospects quarterly, if not monthly.
- Have written deadlines and ownership of the plan
- Don't make this Mistake - tough year so cut marketing budget - wrong! Like hoping to have crops in summer without sowing seeds
- Move money around - look like you are everywhere - not always the same publications, events, etc.
- Do joint ventures, strategic relationships, events
- Have a sense of urgency - Nobody was ever bored into buying anything
The three experts recommended the following books:
by Dan Hanson
Top of Page
Back to Events